At that beautiful stroke of midnight, marking the start of the 23rd, I was handed a gift which, although mildly tipsy, I began reading there and then. Ok, maybe it was more perusing...
The book which I have now finished reading is called Splatter Flicks: How to Make Low-Budget Horror Films

While it has been a good read, it hasn't really broken any ground with its content. It seems to be more focused on low budget/indie film making than on the horror genre aspect, and covers a lot of ground yet never really offers much depth. The books greatest fault is not of the author, but of the 2006 publishing date, and that is large lack of internet content and coverage.
There definitely have been some great parts in it, and it is from these parts where my brain has latched onto and I've found myself on Christmas Day adding layer upon layer to my serial killer character from Untitled Horror Feature!
I went outside to ask my wife if this was weird of me, only to find her reading about serial killers! At least we must be working on something we know about.
So I'm now halfway through the third draft of Untitled Horror Feature. I have also written out all the rules and prizes for the 'Name My Horror Movie Contest', and written the first chapter of the additional online content for Untitled as well.
The 'Name My Horror Movie Contest' will be running from the end of next week, once I've taken my snap shot and created a poster for it, the competition will begin!
I fixed the two niggling visuals in Gun Barista, one being a really simple one second cut (that took 40 minutes after trying it in five different ways) and the other, well the other seemed to be a line I forgot to keep in, but have now remedied that little oversight.
So much for some time off! Maybe next time I'll go camping where I am away from all technological devices. Course, I could always just lug the eeePC with wireless internet with me, and keep it powered by a suitcase that folds out into a solar panel? Actually, that sounds quite good...
And so I leave you with a picture of this Christmas' greatest present achievement, which also happens to be the only memorabilia created for The Cannibal Cooking Show....

I also happened to Google 'Gun Barista' and found this blog to come up about third in results, and first in image results. Do search results use your IP addy to find more relevant answers to searches?
0 Comments