Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Back from Leave. Letter to Jack 1st Oct 1918

Harry has been home, but is now back in Italy. He writes to Jack.

Oct 1st/ 1918
32507/ 9th York & Lancs
C Company
L.G.S.
I.E.F.
Dear Jack
Just a line to let you know I have arrived safe back in Italy it is not very nice to be after being at home but I shall have to make the best of it. I was very pleased to find them all well at home and Willie looking so well. The weather is still very hot, and we do our marching at night. I hope you got home safe after your holiday. We are on rest at present in Italian barracks but I don't know how long for. Write back soon as possible as it will be a long time before I get a letter.
Remember me to Agnes.

With best Love to you both.

Harry

With the sort of comment from Harry that we are used to by now. "I shall have to make the best of it"

Post a Comment

0 Comments