Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Roasted Red Pepper Hummus

Personally, I like to graze between meals to avoid turning into a crazed hypoglycemic madwoman while I'm trying to cook dinner.  But it can be really difficult to find a healthy, simple snack that is nutritious, tastes great, and is actually satisfying to get me through the hours between lunch and dinner.  From my education, I know that protein and healthy fats are the way to go for maximum satiety, and as a vegetarian I found hummus to be a great option to enhance my snacking experience.  There's just one small problem...store bought hummus is expensive, contains some weird ingredients ending in -ate that I can't pronounce, and in my humble opinion has a weird off-taste that I just don't like.  Looking at the label and ignoring the -ates, hummus is a very simple product made from chickpeas, oil, lemon juice, seasonings and tahini.  How hard can it be to make?
Read more »

Post a Comment

0 Comments