If I was a toy....
I would be the transformer, minus the cool sound effects, oh
and also minus my left arm
cause I'd be kind of stuck in a transformation between car and robot because someone (I won't mention any names- might have been me) got a bit frustrated that they couldn't force the change.
I would be the doll with one eye rolled back in her head,
You know the one? You poke you finger in to retrieve the eye, but all you do is push it further back? Yeah... that one. I wouldn't see everything I should.
I would be the pea green T-Rex with shrivelled hands and a massively disproportionate body.
The one that would repeat, "I'm a predator. No, really, I am" if you twist my tail.
Stop twisting my tail. I won't sound convincing after the fifth time.
I would be the puzzle with a few pieces missing. Friends would keep me around though. Perhaps I would be an interesting enough picture without all the pieces. Or maybe they would have missing pieces too and wouldn't be bothered by my own lack of completion.
I would be the book with crayon drawings of stick... things. I am not sure what they are. But they shouldn't be there, should they? Unless you believe that life marks us all. And that having friends draw wings on your back is a very good thing.
But mostly I'd be the plastic Lego dude with the shield. And a missing sword. A very big one. I think the dinosaur ate it. Or maybe the dog... anyway... I would be the Lego warrior dude. Able to leap tall... Lego bricks in a single bound and fight off, um, .... boredom. I'd slay Lego dragons, and rescue Lego princesses.
I guess my point is this... I am the transformer still transforming, the doll who sees life a little differently, the T-Rex who wants you to think I'm big stuff, the puzzle that's not all there, the book that doesn't mind being drawn on if you are going to draw wings, and the Lego dude who can fight off what needs to be fought off in my own little world.
Aren't we all just a few toys short of a complete toy box?
Show me normal and I'll show you a pea green T-Rex.
What about U? What kind of toy are you and why?
0 Comments