Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

it's not christmas without a barbie memory...

This memory is courtesy of one of my fab
friends - Kathy from Indiana. I met
her 10 years ago and along with a few
close friends and her cousin Tracy,
she has walked me thru some very
hard times in my life and I adore her
more than words can say!
Meet Kathy:
"There was a time in my life when I lived for Barbie dolls. Every "occasion" became a Barbie occasion, and I would get a new doll from someone. I can actually remember the way they smelled new out of the box! I would be so excited on Christmas Eve, thinking about the new doll that Santa was going to deliver, that I would get sick. Sleeping? No way was there going to be any sleeping!
My brother, Mike, was six years younger, and we didn't share a lot of our childhood, other than the fact I took care of him a lot while Mom and Dad worked, but we shared a passion for my Barbies and his GI Joes. They dated, Barbie and GI Joe. We had big plastic Jeeps he would pick her up in, and she would always be in her finest clothes.
One year, I had all my Barbies sitting around the living room in anticipation of their new friends on Christmas morning, but when I tore into the box I was sure was a new Barbie, I found only a Barbie case. I frantically searched for that new doll! When I opened the new Barbie case, though, there was a whole wardrobe of clothing on little miniature hangers, clothes for every occasion, and a new outfit for each Barbie I owned. My mother had designed the wardrobe and paid the best seamstress in our little town to make the clothes. Every piece was lined with immaculate lining, the hems sewn perfectly, the sleeves altered just right.
I loved those clothes, and I had them until my oldest granddaughter discovered them. They soon became lost and overused. The coats, hats, dresses, and pantsuits exist nowhere but in my memory, and it is a fantastic memory! "

Post a Comment

0 Comments